Saturday, January 26, 2008

So What's up with Thank You Notes?




So I work in a department of all Women, and so I've received a crash course in female etiquette over the past year and I'm having a hard time dealing with it.
Q: Why must you send a thank you not for every little thing that someone does or every gift that is given? I mean what's wrong with just saying thank you and leaving it at that? The notes get exhausting to keep up with, seriously!
I miss the place that I used to work where we all agreed that we would just not get each other Christmas gifts and it worked out great, it was 5 less gifts I had to buy and everyone was happy!
Here's a great article I found on the subject. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Cameron said...

"So what's the deal with thank you notes." So spake Jerry Seinfeld.

Svenhardicus said...

I agree that these thank you notes are frivolous. At the same time these women are keeping stampin' up in business. I can deal with a crafty thank you card if it means there will be food on my table.